Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Brunch!

I guess I forgot to blog all last week... between work, kids, step-kids, Eric, housekeeping, errands, wedding planning, meetings, business task lists and everything else I haven't even thought about posting.  Dang!

I was in charge of a mother-daughter brunch for the Activity Days girls on Saturday (Mother's Day weekend).  Being an Activity Days leader is one of my church callings.  I really enjoy it, but it's different now that both of my girls are no longer in my group since it's for 8-11 year old girls.

We kept the brunch really simple with food, a small talent show and mingling.  The whole event lasted under an hour.  I love short events, especially on busy Saturdays!


I picked up this basket for .75 at a thrift store recently.  I'm going to use it for the wedding holding napkins as well.


I had the girls make flowers from newspapers to use as centerpieces.  They were fast and easy, plus there was no cost other than pipe cleaners which I already had on hand.  I saw a really fun wedding bouquet in a book where they made flowers similar to these out of old pattern piece tissue paper... *brainstorming*


All of the tablecloths I used at the brunch will be incorporated into the wedding as well.




The food was really delightful!  Everyone ate their fill!




I made two kinds of breakfast casserole.  One used chunk hashbrowns, sausage and colby jack cheese.  The other used shredded hashbrowns, bacon and cheddar cheese.  They cooked a lot quicker than I expected and both were done in about an hour so I just let them stay warm in the oven.  Afterward I realized why they cooked so fast... I forgot to stir everything together!   Good thing they were still yummy even though the cheese was pretty crunchy on top instead of mixed throughout...  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment